Welcome to our School Council.
The purpose of the School Council is to represent the views and opinions of pupils and to be a forum for active and constructive pupil input into the daily life of the school.
Each class in Year Groups 1 – 6 has two elected representatives. Class elections take place in September each year.
The School Council benefits the whole school as it gives opportunities for pupils to communicate their feelings and opinions as well as influencing decisions that are made.
Issues that might be discussed in the School Council meetings include:
- Pupil Survey questions, responses and action to be taken
- Friendship issues and playtime problems
- School equipment
- School and charity fundraising
Occasionally, visitors from outside school will attend meetings to promote an activity or to ask for support or opinions. This term we have:
- Conducted and analysed a survey about the types of artists the children would like to work with this year
- Chosen new playground equipment
- Taken responsibility for looking after the playground equipment
- Analysed a survey about children’s opinions on behaviour in school